Saturday, March 22, 2014

Why you're not losing weight!

I have always been on this constant quest to lose weight. I will tell you it has been one frustrating journey. I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried low carb, which can work for some people but just not for me. The thing is limiting myself to certain foods only made me want the foods I couldn't have even more. Eating a low carb tortilla tasted plain and boring to me and only made me want to have the real thing. I tried counting my calories and I always still felt hungry and it was a real head ache trying to maintain my calories intake. Those sugar free, low carb chocolates and candies would sound like a fantastic idea and I would trick myself into buying them, convincing myself if I ate one of those for desert than that would help satsify any cravings I might have.. but it doesn't. Instead, I end up eating a few of them and still wishing I had a real piece of calorie filled chocolate. Diets do not work. At least, not for me. It shouldn't be about limiting yourself to a certain type of food, or making sure that you don't go over 1200 calories a day. I learned that my problem, and why I wasn't losing weight is because I love to eat. Reality hit me and I realized I could lose weight and I could still eat! I just needed to make sure I was eating healthy and eating the foods that I loved. We all have a favorite vegetable, and fruit we could eat and thats what I started doing. Instead of discipling myself, I started engaging in eating the healthy foods I loved. I bought carrots, edamame, broccoli, peas, bananas, berries, salmon, ect. I wake up in the morning, eat a couple pieces of bacon and an apple. For lunch, broccoli with cheese, carrots, and edamame. For dinner, salmon and peas. In between if I am hungry, I eat a healthy snack of frutis and vegetables that I actually enjoy eating. I started just drinking water, now this is something that can not be avoided. You can lie to yourself and say that diet this and diet that is healthier, better for you but studies have shown that diet soda is just as fattening as soda. If you drink nothing but water for a month straight (with the exception of black coffee) you can lose 20 lbs! The water, I have limited myself too.. however what I drink, has never been an issue for me. Like, I said, everyone is different and everyone struggles with weight loss in different ways. The fact is, you have to figure out what you like for it to work. I've changed my eating habits so that I am still eating foods that I love and I don't have to count calories, or worry if it's low carb and I am still losing weight! The grocery store is the key to your weight loss success. I cook at home, and prepare my own food. Sure, going out to eat is less work, however I always found ways to make excuses for what I was ordering.. salads seem so boring on a menu full of inviting foods. I don't even put myself in the position to eat unhealthy. Granted, every now and again, I do go eat other foods I loved. I just don't over indulge in them, and instead, I over indulge in the healthy foods I love. When you go grocery shopping, just be conscious of what youre putting into your cabinets, and fridge because that's what youre putting into your body. It's your body, love it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment